Thursday, July 28, 2011

Where Did All the Passion Go?

Rumors of God: Experience the Kind of Faith You've Only Heard About, written by Darren Whitehead and Jon Tyson, is a compelling and thoughtful illustration of the modern-day Christian life.  It's inevitable.  We live in a fast-paced, overly stimulated, and stressful society.  We are constantly traveling from one place to another, checking items off of our to-do lists, and attempting to do our "good deed" every now and again, all while making sure that we are hanging on to God, by the tiniest of threads.

We often wonder where God is when we need Him the most.  


Whitehead and Tyson combine stories of both the past and present, to illustrate where we, as modern day Christians, have gone wrong.  Living a passionate and fulfilling life isn't about our own plan, but about His blueprint and the story that He is creating with us, each and every day.  Once we can set aside the desire for recognition, re-ignite the passion within our souls, and intentionally breathe each moment for God, we can begin living a life worthy to our Savior.
I will willingly admit that it's extremely difficult to live a passionate life, especially one merely close to that of Christ's.  Life's unending list of tasks seem to be overwhelming ...

Working.
Exercising.
Volunteering.
Building relationships.
Paying the bills.
Actually enjoying "me time."

After both reading this book and reflecting on my life's journey, I realized that I needed to, once again, find that passion.  I can rely upon Him to fulfill my life with the people, places, and things, to complete His story.  He has ALWAYS been faithful.  God is in control, and without placing my trust and faith in Him, I know that my life will be at a standstill.

I have re-ignited MY passion.  So, that leads me to ask you ...

Where did YOUR passion go?

1 comment:

  1. :) perfect timing just before school kicks in and the lists pile up... This looks interesting :)

    ReplyDelete